- Progress of the redesigned model (showing from latest to earliest)










- Gather up to 10 textures that relate to your ideas, and that you would like to use as materials in your redesign, using concept development and montages as a basis for your material choice.
- Simple colours are needed both exteriorly and interiorly.





- Development sketches, techniques of layout, plans, axonometrics, perspectives, etc.
- Christian architecture values Truth. Gothic architecture is the best example of representing this idea, as it follows structural truth, material truth and historical truth.

- Vitra Design Museum is not a 'form follows function' building. It's main purpose is to arouse an artistic sculptural sensation, a light-hearted design, that is why all the funny shaped parts exist, scattering all over the place.
- However, if I am to re-design the museum into a church, not only does the function and purpose changes, but also the atmosphere of the place.
- So the church should have structurally matched designs, and simple suitable textures which expresses truth. To present truth is also a way to show God your faith.

- very 1st plan in mind
- Though not a regular church goer, but I have been to churches myself. My best friend's church has four main parts: the hall for praying and worship, the hall for dinning, a room for Bible studies, and an outdoor area for relaxing and coversations. I'm designing according to that

- 1st exterior design... (which I think doesn't match the idea of truth)
- trying to match everything with the cross-shaped window in the centre of the ceiling

- More design ideas... (which I think needed lots more to work on, since there were still too many unneccessary parts, and the design became much more like a cathedral)

- I finally decided to use a repetitive pattern of concrete ribs for the church design. It would be the best choice, since every single rib is needed to hold the roof, and nothing is unneccessary - best to represent truth, and most important - creating a church-like atmosphere.
- ideas for the rib structure
No comments:
Post a Comment